Cooking with Seeds- Sago Event Announcement

11:44 Niloufer Riyaz 19 Comments

Here Im Friends  Announcing another Event for this month. Im guest hosting Cooking with Seeds event this month. Im very much gald n very happy to host this beautiful event which was started by Priya
This month's Theme would be Sago Seeds.


Sago is a starch extracted from the pith of Sago Palm Stems.Sago is commercially  produced in " pearls" or" seeds"( i.e,. why I chose Sago for this event)
Sago pearls are usually confused with tapioca pearls as they share commom appearence. Sago mainly contains carbohydrates n has very little protein n vitamins.
Sago is a staple food in the traditional communities of Malaysia n Indonesia, New Guinea, Sumatra etc.,
In Brunei It is used to make a traditional dish called Ambuyat.
Sago pearls is used widely in many dishes in India, SriLanka n Bangladesh.
Sago pearls may be white or coloured, there are also three differnt sizes in Sago.
Reference Wiki

So Friends prepare any dish using sago seeds n send them before July 31st

Guidelines:
Cook any dish, it can be from starter to dessert

The main ingredient should have Sago Seeds in it
Can be a Veg or Non-Veg
Multiple entries are accepted
Link your entries to the Event Announcement page n to Priya's Announcement Page
Old entries can do, just a link it to the annoucement page
Email me to nilouferriyaz@gmail.com with subject as CWS- SAGO SEEDS with following details:


Your Name:
Blog's Name:
Blog Url/Link:
Recipe Name:
Recipe Url/Link:
Picture of the dish:

Non-Blogger can also participate just mail me the recipe and the photo of the dish.

Entries should reach before 31th July 2010.

Do send in your entries to my other event Soccer Mania

Looking forward your entries to both my events.

19 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Count me in, will send my entries..

ohoh, I've never cooked sago... That will be a total challenge then!! Can't wait to experiment with sago! Thanks for organising!

Umm Mymoonah said...

Another lovely event by you Niloufer, will definitely send in my entries inshaallah.

Padmajha said...

Nice theme.Will surely participate.Happy hosting

gr8 event!!

Count me in...Happy hosting dear

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

LOVELY EVENT NILOUFER..WILL TRY SENDING

Swathi said...

Nice event, i will send some thing. Happy hosting.

Looking forward to send an entry. Niloufer I have my first event going on this month please check it out and spread the word. Send recipes as well :)
http://torviewtoronto.blogspot.com/2010/07/event-announcement.html

count me in dear...wil send my entries soon...great going dear by hosting bful event

GayathriRaj said...

Hey thats a nice event....wil surely participate...can count me in....

Unknown said...

I would surely participate. Happy hosting dear :)

Nice event. will surely send in my entries soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Niloufer,
This is my entry to the Event Cooking with seeds- Sago.
http://eatingmatters.wordpress.com/2010/06/30/sabudana-thalipeeth-poli/

Cheers,
M
http://eatingmatters.wordpress.com/

Nithya said...

Lovely event buddy. I have sent my entry to you. :)

Reshmi said...

Count me too... nice theme. Happy Hosting!

Padhu Sankar said...

Nice event ! Will try my best to participate in it .Do drop by
padhuskitchen when time permits

Padhu Sankar said...

Hi
I have send u my entry for sago seeds .Did u receive it.

Lav said...

hey nilo...first time here....great event....will try to participate....you have great collections !!

Lavanya

www.lavsblog.com