Dreams do come true!!

04:15 Niloufer Riyaz 6 Comments

After hundreds of failure  attempts to type a post..... I know it sounds awkward..... after my fathers demise just couldn't gather courage to do a blog post.... every time I sit in front of the laptop the thoughts revolve around my father who has always been my support for blogging.... he would constantly ask me .... guide me ... search facts for me ... all these thought come and then I stop typing....   trying one more time to do a blog post after much hesitation... hoping to complete it...
 
      Right from the age of 14 the time I started to cook... when my I would burn my dishes sometimes... food that I cooked would taste okay .... he was always there to encourage and fill me with positivity... that I can cook.... I can cook...
     6 years of blogging I have had a quite a lot of happy moments... my recipe being published a couple of times... have won a cookery contest and even had an opportunity to put a up a small food stall here....  but this year got a bigger chance .. yeah... got a chance to do a small cookery workshop for 30 people... It was a wonderful experience.... taught them to make  coconut basboosa .... gave a small talk on food and its nuances.. my blog and its experiences  and finally gave them few recipe tips. Though nervous at the beginning I was quite happy with the end result...


           The Coconut Basboosa we made for the workshop..... made two batches of it
   
        Then again a chance to put up a stall in a charity fair.... had to cook food for nearly 600 people... thats a huge oppurtnity for a blogger like me... Me and both my sisters geared up for the big event....
Planning the menu... buying things and arranging everything... Planning the menu was the hardest... cooking for a big crowd.. needed to cook something thats out of the box... something thats unique and would attract the customers.
    The menu we decided was Roti jala Chicken Murtabak,, Mutton Samosa , Chinese Dipped Chicken,, Chatty Fish ( Both my mom's own creation),, Saffron pudding, Broken glass pudding & coffee pudding..... Coconut Basboosa.. Mars Chocolate cupcakes... Suji Crystal cookie which was named after us---Yanani Cookie  .. and last for Limited Edition we had Lebanese Baklava Rolls.

                                Our stall in the fair .....with a beautiful blue background

    A lovely friend of mine helped us with the designing and packing.... friends n relatives helped us a lot in right from purchasing... cooking.. packing n execution.... It was really a fun time... relationships came closer... got new friends... When the 'D' day came..it was all butterflies in the stomach .... after spent around 36 hours in prep n packing...We made 50 Jalar murtabaks.. 50 homemade samosas... 30 dipped chicken... 25 fish.... 600 cookies.... 60 baklavas....75 basboosa...150 puddings... 50 chocolate Mars...


          The puddings , basboosas, on the table....couldn't click the rest as the day went busy



                                       Cookies.. baklavas...all packed n ready to sell...

       With the grace of Almighty.. Alhamdulillah  the day went off great.... Sending plates n plates of hot food out... n cold puddings was an amazing experience.... Met my school mates... longtime friends.... and by 5 in the evening we managed to sell almost all except for a few puddings.... as we were about to windup n enjoy fair gotta call from home at 6 that there is around 20 boxes of cookies that were somehow left in the house... we were gobsmacked...received the boxes with half n hour left we were literally screaming at the top to sell the boxes at half price..... and Alhamdulillah we manged to sell off everything with the nick of time..... It was just crazy time ... At the end of the day we left the fair dead tired.. but with lots of memories to cherish.... really missed my father that day who was not there with me when my small dream came true .... and also my husband  who supported me in achieving it....
   With lots of inspiration n moral support hope to achieve my goals In Sha Allah......


 



6 comments:

Mayuri Patel said...

When dreams come true then you know that the ones who have left you physically are still there with you in spirit and in your heart. You achieved so much because am sure your father is still there for you, giving his support.

It's very sad to know about your father's demise dear. I have no words to console , as I myself miss my mother even after 16 years. But I pray for you and family. Also I appreciate the way you all have organized this charity event. All the foods and packaging, stall...everything looks amazing. It would be a blessing for you and family dear. Hugs !

Asiya Omar said...

Great post.Congrats Nilu

Congrats dear for such a milestone..its great to hear all ur achievements.keep going..ur father will be definitely feel happy dat u started blogging again..

Rafeeda AR said...

You are lucky, MaShaAllah, to have got his constant encouragement. Always make dua for his Jannah, that is what he needs the most... and do what he loved you to do. Looks like you had a lovely time, hope to see you doing more blogposts soon... Take care... <3

Hanin said...

A wonderful memory penned down on your blog! Masha Allah. The blog would definitely be amiss without this post. Your father's demise is indeed a great loss and yet he will be remembered by those of you who carry his dreams and exemplary self. Inshaa Allah! May Allah give you all the strength and courage.